Solo Travel Blog

Visit us on   Twitter  or   Facebook  for more solo traveler tips

Tip #3 for Solo Travelers ... Ditch your backpack

Tuesday 18 June 2013

That's right - ditch the backpack! Carry valuables in a simple cotton bag.

No-one ever thinks a cotton bag holds anything valuable. Just look at my green bag below pictured in the Vatican.

That bag has travelled the world (via Wandermates with me attached) holding my laptop, money & camera and other valuables and has never let me down. So take me word for it - don't buy a fancy new backpack before your solo trip.

Grab the filthiest old rag of a bag you can find and you'll be better off.

My bag in the vatican

Read the full post or comment » at

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

My name is KC Owens, I’m a college student and I love to travel! While cruising the Internet, I found your site and really enjoyed reading your posts. I have been to countries all over Europe with just my backpack and a camera. Since I am a college student and I have significant bills, it can be difficult to find ways to travel the world. However, I have done this several times, with less than ten pounds of luggage and while on a college dime!

I was hoping that you would allow me to write a post for your site to share my tips and tricks with your readers. I put a lot of time into my traveling, it is my biggest passion and I would love to inspire others by sharing my stories, mistakes and triumphs. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

KC Owens

Thursday, June 27, 2013  
Blogger Unknown said...

great

Sunday, November 15, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Previously...

Visit us on Twitter or Facebook for travel tips & special offers.